We are excited to welcome visitors back to Maine’s Premier Science museum! As we reopen, your safety and wellbeing are our highest priorities. We’ve made some changes based on guidance from the experts at the Center or Disease Control. These measures will be in place to ensure everyone’s safety. So while things will look a little different, we’ve adapted to assure you we can still deliver the immersive MMGM experience along with your peace of mind.
In order for the museum to remain open we need your cooperation as it regards the following:
• Face coverings are to be worn by all visitors and staff. (We will have face masks available.)
• To help control the number of guests at any given time and prevent long waits, the scheduling of your visit is highly recommended. Walk-ins are welcome, but priority will be given to those who have pre-ordered tickets — which can be purchased here. Visits are scheduled in two hour increments.
• Visitors will be provided a stylus upon entering to activate all touch screens and buttons of the exhibits. Please return the stylus upon exiting to sanitize prior to the next use.
• Floor markers will be placed throughout galleries to give visitors ample room to comfortably view exhibits. Please wait for the party in front of you to proceed or ask to pass.
• Capacity will be limited to 40 visitors in the museum at any one time and five people in the store.
• If you are not feeling well or think you cannot adhere to these guidelines, we ask that you postpone your visit. Out or respect for those visitors who expect others to comply, should anyone not adhere to these guidelines they will be asked to leave.
The MMGM will uphold the highest standards to ensure your safety. If there is anything which causes concern that you feel puts yourself or others at risk, please alert a staff member immediately. For our COVID guidelines please click here.