To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all Maine Mineral & Gem Museum visitors, we ask that you read and follow our visitor & ticketing policies below.
- Food and drink are prohibited in the galleries;
- Unless otherwise noted, photography in the galleries is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes only. The use of flash, tripods, and selfie sticks is prohibited;
- All children must be accompanied by an adult;
- Due to space constraints, large strollers are not permitted in the galleries;
- Backpacks and large bags are not permitted. MMGM is a small museum. Please do not bring large items along for your visit;
- Large umbrellas must be checked at the reception area. Smaller umbrellas may be placed in a protective bag supplied by the Museum and carried;
- Service animals are welcome. Pets are not permitted in the Museum;
- Smoking and e-cigarettes are not permitted anywhere within or around the perimeter of the building;
- MMGM staff and visitors have the right to an environment free from abusive, threatening, or inappropriate behavior. The Museum reserves the right to remove any person acting in an unacceptable or inappropriate manner;
- Please note that visitors to the Museum may be photographed, videotaped, or otherwise recorded. By attending, you grant the Museum permission to use photographs and/or audiovisual recordings in which you appear for archival, documentary, publicity, advertising, or other purposes;
- Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged;
- Weapons inside the Museum pose a potential threat to the safety and security of our visitors and employees, and firearms of any type are strictly prohibited at all times inside the Museum.
Reciprocal Museum Members
MMGM is a member of the North American Reciprocal Museum program. NARM members receive free admission at the Reception Desk. Valid membership cards at the appropriate level are required. Please contact your institution’s Membership Department for details.
Members of the press with valid press cards may receive free admission for one. Please contact the Museum prior to your arrival. For press-related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Maine Mineral & Gem Museum offers complimentary admission to members visitors 12 years of age and under.